Whether your conservatory roof is old and damaged or you simply want to maximise the space you have by adding an extra room, a new roof can be a great investment. However, the conservatory roof replacement cost can be a concern for some homeowners. However, there are a number of ways to reduce the initial installation costs and make it more affordable to have your conservatory’s roof replaced.
1. Go local – There are a few benefits to going with a company that specialises in installing conservatories and replacing their roofs. They are likely to be experienced and know the challenges that can arise when installing a conservatory roof, so they are well-placed to offer advice and guidance to help with the project. They will also be able to provide you with quotes tailored to your specific requirements.
2. Choose a polycarbonate roof – Polycarbonate is the most affordable option, allowing you to save on installation costs whilst still enjoying a glass-like finish. It will also allow more natural light into your conservatory, which can make it a much more appealing space to use year-round. However, a polycarbonate roof is not as insulating as other options, which can lead to increased energy bills over time.
3. Go with a glass roof – Glass is a popular choice for conservatories, as it looks modern and sleek, which can add to the overall appearance of your home. It is also highly insulating, which means that you can significantly cut down on your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable throughout the year. However, glass can be prone to condensation build-up, which can cause problems with your heating system.
4. Go with a tiled roof – Providing you don’t mind the extra maintenance involved, a conservatory with a tiled roof can be a very worthwhile investment. They are thermally efficient, incredibly strong and will look good for years to come. Additionally, you can choose from a wide range of colours, which can add to the aesthetic of your conservatory.
5. Consider the extras – There are a number of additional factors that you need to consider when calculating your conservatory roof replacement cost For example, you may need to pay for scaffolding or a skip hire. In addition, if your current conservatory structure is too weak to support the weight of a new roof you will need to strengthen the walls before installation.
On average, the costs associated with a conservatory roof replacement will range between PS2,000 and PS8,000. However, the exact price will vary depending on a number of factors including the size and style of your conservatory, its location and the material used to construct the new roof. For example, a glass conservatory roof will be more expensive than a polycarbonate roof and specialist glass panel options such as self-cleaning and low-emissivity glass will increase the cost even further. Likewise, a P-shaped or T-shaped conservatory will be more complex to install and will therefore incur a higher price tag than a standard lean-to conservatory.